Believe it or not, I’m actually pretty low maintenance, relative to my fellow lifestyle and beauty bloggers and most beauty experts. I stick to what I know and what works, and I primarily like to keep things simple because I just don’t have the time to do my eye makeup and my hair for more than a few minutes each morning.
Here’s a photo of one of the rare times I let my hair down (with host Bianca Valerio, who was also part of a recent L’Oreal Professionnel event).
Ironically, that’s also why I keep my hair long: so I can easily tie it in a (messy) bun most of the time. People, including members of my extended family, are sometimes surprised that I actually have mermaid-levels long hair because I just wear it up all the time. And when I do decide to let my hair down, it’s only after wearing my damp hair in a bun most of the day, so they come down in natural-looking curls that sort of look like I made an effort to style my hair but actually didn’t. Hehe. To prove a point, I can sum up my daily hair routine in give or take four steps:
1. Shampoo (I use one for color-treated hair).
2. Conditioner (I also use one for color-treated hair and leave it on for one to three minutes).
3. Spray product (I usually can’t be bothered to use other types of products that I’ll have to painstakingly spread evenly or work through my locks, then blow-dry. No.).
4. Comb hair and pull it in a bun using my fingers.
Optional (only for special occasions): Let loose my tresses from my bun so they tumble down in curls.
The spray-type hair product I’m currently in love with is L’Oreal Professionnel’s Vitamino Color Infinite 10-in-1 Perfecting Multipurpose Spray (P1,295, available in all leading salons nationwide). This multi-benefit primer spray is great for all color-treated hair types and is suited for daily use. I just spray it on my cleansed and towel-dried or dry hair (on mornings when I already washed my locks the night before), then finger-comb my hair into its bun.
Besides the ease of use and its lovely fragrance (seriously, it’s like hair perfume), it’s said to have 10 instant benefits:
1. Heat protection up to 450°F (230°C). This is my favorite benefit of all, not because I heat-style my hair (nope), but because I’m often out in the sun, going from one event venue to another.
2. Shine. It enhances and prolongs hair’s radiance.
4. Consistency of hair fiber from roots to ends.
6. Detangling. It’s usually hard to comb through my wavy locks, but when I spray this on them, the comb glides through easily. Hair is easier to style, and tangles are better managed and prevented.
7. Facilitate easier blow-dry. (I haven’t had the chance to test this claim because I don’t blow-dry my hair.)
8. Anti-breakage, or at least makes hair strands stronger than usual.
9. Helps prevent split ends. It provides ultimate hydration and protection for colored hair.
10. Helps reduce the look of frizz. My bun or ponytail looks more sleek when I use this.
Now, if you’re the type to care and follow what the latest hair trend is, here it is for you: cutting, coloring, and styling hair to give oneself a V-shaped face, something that’s reportedly become the third most coveted standard of beauty in Asia, after big eyes and fair skin. There’s no denying that women all over the region (hello, Korea and Thailand) have indulged in costly face-sculpting remedies to achieve the V-shaped face. But, how far will YOU go to achieve the most coveted look trending in Asia?
Good news is, you don’t have to get your chin, nose, and jawline done, or even go overboard on contouring a la Kim Kardashian just to achieve this ultra feminine, sophisticated look that’s flattering in all angles. L’Oréal Professionnel recently launched a particular hair service for Filipinas to achieve that sought-after V-shaped face in a simpler yet effective way: The V Look hair service is a complete and end-to-end hair service that helps create a Korean-inspired face slimming effect through the right cut, color, and style. (Hey, even the V Look hair service ambassador is a Korean superstar: Yoon Eun-hye.)
An exclusive salon method designed by L’Oréal Professionnel, the V Look hair service involves a comprehensive consultation, face-slimming cut, and skin tone-flattering color. Whether you have a round, square, or triangular-shaped face, you can achieve a V look with the use of precision haircut techniques to give you top volume, airy fringe, and face-framing layers that create the desired V shape; complemented by color and care using L’Oréal’s top salon hair color brand, Majirel, to reveal the unique beauty in every Pinay’s skin tone with the highest quality of care and performance.
And this is where the hair care innovation by L’Oréal Professionnel, Vitamino Color Infinite 10 IN 1 Perfecting Multipurpose Spray, comes in, as the 10 benefits are specifically crafted to care for all color-treated hair types.
Achieve your very own V Look by asking your L’Oréal Professionnel hair dresser about it and for it.