During my first month-long trip to Manila since the pandemic, I was finally able to update my skincare stash. This inspired me to take better care of my skin by resuming and sticking to my daily skincare regimen: cleanse, tone, and sunblock during the day; cleanse, tone, treat, and moisturize at night. A not-so-subtle reminder from my best friend that “Bawal malosyang” while handing me a bag of beauty goodies also helped me make skincare a priority in my busy mom life. That and my two-year-old insisting on being part of my skincare ritual by being the one to get the products I need from my bedside basket and handing them over to me one by one to apply.
Among my discoveries in Manila was this set of Skin by BYS Minis that the brand sent to me to try (oh how I’ve missed blogger mail!). I waited for a trip to use them since they’re meant for travel, and I finally got to try them over the Holy Week break. I was able to do my daily skincare routine even while away from home—without having to pack my regular big pots, tubes, and bottles of products. And thanks to these minis, I was able to keep my skin looking healthy and fresh throughout our 4-day vacation and then some: I barely made a dent on the products after four days; so they go a long way, despite the size.
As someone who constantly tries new products for a living, I’m used to switching up my skincare brands all the time, as long as I have these staples: cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream, moisturizer, and most important, sunscreen. I have all these in the Skin by BYS Minis set, so all six mini products went straight into my luggage after I unboxed them, ready to be used on my next trip.
1. Extra Gentle Milk Jelly Cleanser (20ml), which I used to wash my face morning and night. It contains a blend of 10 antioxidant-rich, plant-based ingredients, along with milk protein extract, to softly cleanse face and improve skin hydration. I like that it’s non-irritating on my sensitive skin and instantly smoothes and freshens my face after every use.
2. Extra Hydrating Balancing Toner (22ml), which I applied for an extra boost of freshness before applying other skincare products, morning and night. I like that it’s formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, which helps restore skin elasticity.
3. Extra Brightening Eye Cream (10ml), which I used morning and night to help keep my peepers from looking tired and haggard by providing hydration. Like all anti-aging must-haves, it’s enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Vitamin C to improve the delicate undereye area’s skin elasticity by stimulating collagen production and reducing the visibility of fine lines.
4. Extra Glow Brightening Serum (33ml), which I used at night to nourish and bring back my skin’s freshness after a long day out in the sun. I like how it feels light on my skin and definitely not greasy, although it’s denser than other serums I’ve tried, making it a bit of a challenge to squeeze out of the dropper. It’s rich in Vitamin C along with natural antioxidants like papaya and lime fruit extracts that help minimize sun damage.
5. Extra Glow Face Cream (20ml), which I prefer to use at night after the serum to lock in moisture and the benefits, and finish off with that coveted glass skin look. I like that it’s also enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Vitamin C—ingredients that are so important to my aging skin as they help improve skin’s elasticity by stimulating collagen production while reducing the appearance of fine lines.
6. Extra Effortless Pore Perfecting Sunblock (20ml), which I use during the day as well as before and after swimming, so I am protected from the damaging rays of the sun that’s the number one culprit in aging skin. It protects skin from UVA and UVB damage while making skin look flawless with the combination of SPF 50, PA+++, and pore-blurring properties. It sits well under my concealer and cheek tint (the only makeup I use these days), too.
The set also comes with a bonus freebie if you happen to be a fan of Hwang In-Youp: Two photocards of the handsome K-Drama star and face of Skin by BYS.
This is my first time using Skin by BYS, and besides the benefits and the lightweight feel of the products on my skin, I enjoyed their fresh scent, which reminded me of a cologne I used back in my much younger years. I get a bonus trip down memory lane while I gently massage the products onto my face. (Tell me if you think the smell is familiar to you, too!)
I definitely recommend packing a set of Skin by BYS minis in your luggage each time you travel. The whole set is available for P1,799 at Watsons and The SM Store.