My life (and as you’ve probably noticed, my blog) has been taken over by wedding preps, and everything about the wedding has occupied practically every space in my mind and my daily routine. One of my major wedding goals and concerns is making my skin glow and feel soft on the big day. So in spite of everything that’s on my mind right now, I make it a point to take extra care of my skin. Honestly, I’m still considered lazy when it comes to skin care for someone who writes beauty, but I religiously do the essentials: washing my face before and after bedtime daily, applying sunscreen from head to toe before heading out, removing my makeup before bed, and, my recent addition (for that extra glow and soft texture): wearing a face mask daily.
That’s pretty much my daily skin care routine, so I naturally hoard products that make my barebones effort bring maximum effect. My recent discovery? Simple, United Kingdom’s leading face care brand, which has finally landed in the Philippines. Simple offers a range of products that gently hydrate while providing superior makeup removal and skin cleansing, specifically made for women with sensitive skin. They’re famous for their gentle, skin-loving, yet highly-effective products, especially their award-winning micellar water and micellar cleansing facial wipes.
To deliver the best results, Simple only uses skin-loving ingredients that are kind to the skin and to the planet—something that’s music to my ears, because another thing I worry about these days is how my future children (and grandchildren) might soon run out of clean water and air, and other natural resources! Sourced sustainably, their products are free from color, fragrance, and other harsh ingredients that can upset the skin. Still, it delivers its promise of leaving skin thoroughly-cleansed without that tight or dry feeling. Each product works in harmony with skin for a calming and hydrating effect.
Five of the brand’s most well-loved and multi-awarded products are now available in the Philippines, and here’s the low-down. Find out what product I immediately fell in love with at first try!
1. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water (P499/200mL, P799/400mL). It’s supposedly the most advanced facial cleanser to date, yet it’s gentle enough even for the most sensitive skin. It contains micelles, which are clever cleansing bubbles that work to lift away makeup and impurities, unclogging pores while instantly boosting skin hydration by 90%. It’s non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and dermatologically tested and approved. This product is a cult favorite in the beauty industry—aside from having a strong following, it was also part of Glamour UK’s Top 15 cleansers and Allure’s Best of Beauty 2015. (I totally read and respect these beauty titles, so I’m with them!)
2. Simple Micellar Cleansing Facial Wipes (P299). I always remove my makeup before I do yoga (so cosmetics won’t clog my pores when I sweat), so this is a must-have product for me. It’s a fuss-free way to refresh and nourish skin and remove tough makeup. Plus, it’s soft enough to use on delicate or sensitive skin, and contains a blend of the purest skin-loving ingredients and added vitamins. It’s so convenient and quick-to-use!
3. Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash (P299/150mL). Go for this if you want a deep and thorough cleanse. Unlike other harsh cleansers in the market, it can get rid of oil, dirt, and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural moisture. It’s made of the purest ingredients and skin-loving multi-vitamins to keep sensitive skin clean and hydrated. It’s also 100% soap-free, so even those with the most sensitive skin can benefit from it.
4. Simple Dual-Effect Eye Makeup Remover (P499/125mL). My hands-down favorite Simple product from what I’ve tried so far, it effectively dissolves even the toughest eye makeup without irritating the eyes. I first tried it on my waterproof mascara that’s exceptionally hard to remove (it usually takes me three different types of cleansers, lots of gentle wiping and rubbing, not to mention lots of time to get rid of the dark streaks and residue), and it’s as if my mascara melted and washed away quickly with way less wiping! Its two-part formula consists of oil and purified water for maximum effect—no eye-rubbing required. Even women who wear contact lenses can use it without having to worry about their eyes turning red. The best part? It also cares for the eyelashes, as it leaves fringes hydrated and nourished. I needed this in my life!
5. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer (P499/125mL). Reportedly the UK’s #1 moisturizer, it’s created with the perfect blend of multi-vitamins, glycerin, and borage seed oil to keep the skin hydrated for up to 12 hours, as it instantly doubles the skin’s hydration levels. It’s made with triple purified water, making it great even for sensitive skin.
Try these for yourself and tell me which one ends up being your favorite (if not all)!
Simple Skincare is available at Watsons and select supermarkets.