One of the things I’m most excited to do at the start of a new year is updating my makeup kit and skin care stash. I toss products that have expired or are close to expiring so I start the new year with new beauty products—also because I sometimes set beauty goals each year.
This year’s beauty goal is all about making sure my skin is clear, fresh, and young-looking in time for my wedding at the end of this year. I really don’t want my face immortalized in my wedding photos and videos looking haggard, eek! So I resolved to use only the best, most trusted makeup and skin care products on my face throughout the year.
It was perfect timing that Celeteque DermoCosmetics sent me their entire line of new products right before 2016 ended, so they are now the ones I replaced my old makeup with. I liked the first set of dermatologically-tested and hypoallergenic Celeteque DermoCosmetics products I tried (read all about them here) because they’re great quality makeup that care for my skin! I’m still road-testing the seven new products (plus a new shade of their Matte Lipstick!), but here’s what I know about each of them so far, in case you’re also planning to update your makeup kit.
Base and face products
1. Céleteque DermoCosmetics’ 2-in-1 Eyebag Miracle Kit (P745). I got excited when I saw this tiny little pot because it may just be the product I’m looking for to make my dark under-eye circles disappear. This two-component solution includes an Eye Balm to reduce puffiness under the eye and an Eye Foundation in Light, Natural, and Beige shades to cover and lighten eyebags. Ingredients include the trademarked Cytobiol Lumin-eye to reduce puffiness and under-eye bags; Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) to nourish, hydrate, and firm up the skin, minimizing lines under the eyes; and antioxidants that help prevent further skin damage. It looks very promising!
2. Céleteque DermoCosmetics 24-hr Photoready Matte Primer (P825). I’m not one to use primer, but any beauty girl will tell you you need it to help your makeup look flawless longer. This one has a silky, weightless formula that minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines and reduces shine for a smooth, flawless look. Four components help make this happen: Polymethyl Methacrylate to minimize pores, fine lines, and wrinkles; Silica for oil control and to give your skin a silky-soft and matte look and feel; and Dimethicone and Dimethicone Crosspolymer, which work together to form a protective barrier on the skin that helps your makeup last longer.
3. Céleteque DermoCosmetics CC Micro-Hydrating Powder (P930). I’m also not one for loose powder because I think it’s a bit messy, but the pot containing the powder features an autogrinding technology that gives you an ultra-fine powder that evens out your skin complexion and is easy to blend; with a few twists, it provides just the right amount of product you need—which solves my issue with loose powder. I like how this has SPF 30 to provide double sunscreen protection and hydrates skin while controlling oil and shine. It contains Hyarluronic Acid to replenish the skin and help it retain moisture, Silica to reduce excess oil and give your skin a silky-soft finish, and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) to hydrate and nourish the skin even further. It comes in Light Porcelain, Classic Natural, and Deep Beige shades.
4. Céleteque DermoCosmetics Eyebrow Defining Kit. This 2-in-1 formulation of Tinted Wax and color-complementing Eyebrow Powder contains Shea Butter and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) to moisturize and smoothen your brow area, as well as Argan Kernel Oil to ease the blending process. The overall effect is easy-to-achieve definition for your brows—something most of us could never leave home without.
5. Céleteque DermoCosmetics Long-Wear Eyeshadow Palette (P725). I really love it when there’s more than one type of product in one package, and I like how this one has an easy-to-blend lightweight Primer and naturally toned eyeshadow in one palette to make your peepers pop. It contains Shea butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), and Evening Primrose Oil, all of which help keep your lids moisturized and smooth, and make the elements easy to blend. Now I’ll feel better about wearing eyeshadow regularly when I know it cares for my lids.
Lip and cheek products
6. Céleteque DermoCosmetics Moisturizing Lip & Cheek Duo (P665). If you’re on the go and need a one-stop-shop solution to add some bloom to your look—or, like me, you just have days when you can’t be bothered to do a full makeup look but do not want to leave home looking pale—this is your lifesaver. Available in Rosy Blush and Soft Berry, this oil-free and streak-free mousse contains Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), which acts as an antioxidant that protects your lips and cheeks from free radicals that lead to dryness, as well as Sodium Hyaluronate and Glycerin, which help your skin retain moisture better, making it firmer, softer, and smoother for a more youthful appearance.
7. Céleteque DermoCosmetics Ultra-Nourishing Lip Lacquer (P545). This lightweight, smooth, and non-greasy gel-based lip moisturizer will keep your lips soft and supple all day, thanks to a formulation that includes the hydrating and moisturizing Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), castor seed oil, and Panthenol, all of which contribute to softer, smoother lips. It comes in three shades: Natural Nude, Soft Pink, and Velvet Red.
Update: Céleteque DermoCostmetics Matte Lipstick comes in three new shades (P595 each). There’s Nude, a trendy brown-tone neutral that can match any skin tone; Ruby (in photo above), a statement-making party-ready crimson; and Wine, a deep mauve for that grounded regal look. Céleteque Matte Lipsticks give your lips the alluring touch of a long-wearing formula that lends lips a vivid matte color finish. It glides on easily and doesn’t leave a waxy feel on lips. They have Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) that moisturizes lips, Bisabolol that reduces flaking and restores suppleness, as well as Candelilla Wax that nourishes lip skin. I really like them because they prevent my lips from chapping, even if they have that trendy matte formulation.
Celeteque DermoCosmetics are available at all Watsons stores nationwide.