How my skin looked on my wedding day
(Photo by Love Train Studios Photography)
If there’s one beauty tip I can share with brides-to-be, it’s this: Plan your bridal beauty regimen ahead and don’t cram your beauty treatments. Your last-minute facials and laser treatments will do nothing to fix tired, haggard-looking skin if it’s just days before your big day; worse, your skin may react negatively to them, so you have to schedule your treatments within six months to two weeks before your wedding day. Not even a good makeup artist can hide a dark and puffy undereye area or inflamed, damaged skin.
With my mom and my friends at my #BeautyBeforeIDo bridal shower
One good beauty treat, not to mention bachelorette party idea, is to have your bridal shower at Facial Care Centre. A good friend of mine threw me a “Beauty Before I Do” bridal shower at Marie France and Facial Care Centre, and she invited a few of my friends plus my mom. Yesterday, I wrote about the first part of the bridal shower, where my friends and I tried slimming treatments at Marie France (click here to read all about it).
For the second part of the bridal shower, my mom and I were treated to one of Facial Care Centre’s best treatments: the Honey Almond Facial. We got the best treatment suite at the Facial Care Centre branch in BGC, located at 16F RCBC Savings Bank Corporate Center, 25th & 26th Streets, Bonifacio South, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, which had an amazing view of the city (it’s open until 7PM on weekdays, 6PM on weekends). The relaxing rooms at Facial Care Centre immediately put us at ease and ready for over an hour of pampering.
FCC’s all-natural honey-almond scrub exfoliates dead skin cells and eliminates deep-seated dirt and impurities, as it delivers anti-aging benefits. It’s meant to revitalize and moisturize skin, as well as improve skin texture, tone, and elasticity.
1. The facial started with, of course, cleansing. My facialist, Vanessa, used a honey and almond scrub that smelled so fragrant and delicious. It was meant to soften the skin and prep it for the next steps.
2. To prepare my skin for extraction, the facialist applied aqua massage cream and then steam onto my face for a few minutes. She gave me a nice shoulder massage while my face was getting steamed.
3. The third step is extraction, wherein the facialist removes deep-seated blackheads and whiteheads. She reminded me to put off washing my face until the next day so as not to irritate my pores that are raw and open from extraction.
4. Immediately after extraction, she used a machine called Lasertone on my face to close pores and reduce redness and accelerate wound healing.
5. The next step is the application of a firming mask, which needless to say helps firm the skin. The mask is actually like a thick cream that smelled so good—like flowers, specifically roses. Vanessa also made me try the FCC sunscreen, which was so lightweight and not greasy or sticky at all.
Bathroom selfie immediately after my Honey Almond facial at FCC
Immediately after the facial, I went to the bathroom to check my face in the mirror, and this is how it looked (above). I didn’t even need to apply makeup. I went confidently barefaced even when my mom and I grabbed dinner at a nice restaurant in BGC.
My mom and I at dinner after our facials
When I got home, I couldn’t help but admire how my skin felt so soft and looked so smooth. It also looked fresher and felt more bouncy. My cheeks even had a pinkish glow to them. I wished it was my wedding the next day so I could have that bridal glow on my big day!
The Honey Almond Facial also helped brighten my skin, bringing back its youthful glow. I love how I instantly looked radiant and refreshed, and this effect lasted days after the facial. I definitely recommend this for brides-to-be.
Whether you have it at your own #BeautyBeforeIDo bridal shower or on your own, brides should consider including this facial in their Beauty Before I Do bridal program with Facial Care Centre. If you’re interested, go to an FCC clinic for a free consultation. Ask their skin consultant for the best treatments you should get to look like the perfect glowing bride in your wedding photos as early as six months before the wedding.
Facial Care Centre has a new branch in Greenhills! It is located at 2F Home Studio Building, 63 Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan City. For more information on Facial Care Centre treatments and branches, visit facialcarecentre.com.ph.