I know summer’s here when all these sunscreen events start happening, and there’s one happening on Sunday, March 6, 2016: the Watsons SunWarrior Challenge at the SM Mall of Asia Grounds. In partnership with Color Manila, Watsons once again brings the most colorful and vibrant fun run with exciting obstacles and a party rolled into one; unfortunately it is sold out!
But whether or not you managed to register for the highly popular run, make sure to buy yourself a new bottle (or two or three) of sunscreen to officially welcome Summer 2016! As I’ve been telling you over and over on this blog, wearing sunscreen is not just for the beach, it’s something you must do every morning and as frequently as you can throughout the day. The sun’s UV rays can cause unseen permanent damage on your skin, and without sun protection, your skin is more prone to premature aging.
Mark McMahon and Hideo Muraoka
Whether you’re a sporty gal, a beach bum, or just a regular commuter, you, too, can be a SunWarrior: someone who is bold, brave, and protected under the sun—and totally advocates the daily use of sunscreen.
Some of your favourite celebrities are also SunWarriors, led by Yassi Pressman and Dominique Roque, who were introduced at an event at The Palace Pool Club. “A SunWarrior, to me, is someone who is unafraid to go under the sun, enjoy the outdoors, and just have fun,” said Yassi. View the gallery below to see the other celebrity SunWarriors.
Wherever you are headed to flaunt and play this summer, keep your skin protected with your sunscreen of choice from Watsons, which has the widest range of sunscreen lines suit to every suncare need:
For your everyday routine:
1. Belo Sun Expert Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50. Paraben-free and formulated with Cell Protect, it claims to strengthen the skin’s defense system, maintain healthy skin, and prevent accelerated skin aging caused by UVA and UVB rays.
2. Vaseline Healthy White SPF 30 provides three layers of protection that help keep skin fair and even-toned.
3. Ponds BB Cream combines a brightening foundation cream with UVA and UVB protection.
4. Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock Extreme 80 promises overall sun protection perfectly formulated for Asian skin.
5. Cetaphil Daylong SPF 50. This new clinically-proven sun care range is meant to prevent sun damage even at the cellular level.
6. Kojiesan SPF 69 contains Sunatacyl, a natural ingredient, which helps repair sun-damaged skin. It is infused with caring ingredients such as Shea butter and Vitamin E to help nourish and smoothen skin.
7. Olay Natural White prevents formation of dark spots caused by the sun, making you fair and glowing.
8. Celeteque Dermoscience Sun Care Face and Body Sun Defense Cream SPF50 provides a gentle double sunscreen protection with UVA/UVB filters.
9. Neutrogena Ultra MD Body Lotion SPF 100 has a light, fresh scent. This elegant formulation is fast-absorbing, non-whitening, water-resistant, and lightweight
For an active day out (for those joining the Watsons’ SunWarrior Challenge this Sunday or hitting the beach soon):
10. Nivea Sun Whitening Sun & Collagen Protection SPF 50. With its range of sunscreen options and types for kids and adults, it is sure to suit all outdoor needs.
11. Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50 is a water-based sunscreen you can apply to your face and body, which captures the UV protection essence into water capsules.
12. Sunplay Ultra Shield SPF 130 is formulated with Japan Watery Liquid that leaves a light, non-greasy feeling on your face and body.
13. Banana Boat Ultra Protect Sunscreen Lotion SPF 80. Defy the sun with the broad spectrum protection of Banana Boat products, perfect for the entire family.
14. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 50 protects your skin and gives it that great signature tropical scent.
15. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 offers breakthrough technology that provides advanced sun protection.
16. DWatsons SunCare is a gentle, fragrance-free sunscreen especially formulated for sensitive skin.
Sunscreen helps you enjoy more and worry less whenever you’re outdoors. Just remember that while it can protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays, a lot of its active ingredients can break down over time. So, remember to gear up with your go-to sunscreen and make sure to reapply to get that full sun protection.
Promo alert: Watsons will also be offering an exclusive summer promo for cardholders of SM Advantage, SM Prestige and BDO Rewards.